Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mother of the Year

Yesterday as Zack, Kate and I were playing near the stairs. I thought it would be fun to teach them to throw balls and have them watch as they fell down each step. And it was fun.

Until the gate gave way and BOTH my babies flew down the stairs head over feet-repeat 4 or 5 times.

I just watched it happen like any good mom would.

And I was thinking about canceling my blog. How could I make other women feel better about themselves if I did a thing like that.

4 comments:

  1. We have lost both of our kids down the stairs. If only we were all as flexible as the little ones. Good to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is scary. it happens to most mom's. in my case it's been the stairs and the bed. good thing they are flexible. i always say a prayer of thanks after moments like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least they fell together like any good twins should do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comic...did they cry? We don't use baby gates anymore (not after #1). Our babies play on the stairs and often fall down a few of them while they learn to go up and down. But then at about 8 months old they get the kinks out and are pretty proficient on the stairs. So, don't feel bad for a few stairs and a tumble. Other moms have more to confess :o).

    ReplyDelete