Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Fridays

Fridays will be dedicated to flashbacks.

I hope I get the hang of this blogging thing and fun funky pictures will be included in flashback Fridays. Any ideas for flashbacks let me know. I would LOVE to hear.

With Easter on it's way I will share an Easter flashback dating back to 1989. There was snow on the ground, lots of it. I had on my new Easter dress, the one that matched my sister Jackies. I never got to pick out our Easter dress, I just always wanted the same one that she had. It's as if at that age I was powerless to choose for myself because as soon I saw the dress she had on nothing and I mean nothing could compare.

This year was special because not only did we wake up to an Easter Egg Hunt, new dresses and lots of candy, our Easter Baskets were made out of nothing but candy cane. You heard me Candy Cane!

It's the only Easter basket I remember to this day. A kid never forgets an Easter Basket that can be enjoyed for weeks and weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Does life really get better than a candy cane easter basket? What is a girl to do when her life peaks at such a young age?

    Loved the memory!

    ReplyDelete